24 Mar 2017
Research article | 24 Mar 2017
Satellite retrievals of dust aerosol over the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf (2005–2015)
Jamie R. Banks et al.
Total article views: 2,014 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 07 Nov 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 07 Nov 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,025 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,009 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,539 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,525 with geography defined and 14 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 486 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 484 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
23 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Passive remote sensing of altitude and optical depth of dust plumes using the oxygen A and B bands: First results from EPIC/DSCOVR at Lagrange-1 point X. Xu et al. 10.1002/2017GL073939
- Quantification of the dust optical depth across spatiotemporal scales with the MIDAS global dataset (2003–2017) A. Gkikas et al. 10.5194/acp-22-3553-2022
- Improving dust simulations in WRF-Chem v4.1.3 coupled with the GOCART aerosol module A. Ukhov et al. 10.5194/gmd-14-473-2021
- Harmattan, Saharan heat low, and West African monsoon circulation: modulations on the Saharan dust outflow towards the North Atlantic K. Schepanski et al. 10.5194/acp-17-10223-2017
- Airborne Microbes Contribute to N2Fixation in Surface Water of the Northern Red Sea E. Rahav et al. 10.1029/2018GL077132
- AERONET-Based Nonspherical Dust Optical Models and Effects on the VIIRS Deep Blue/SOAR Over Water Aerosol Product J. Lee et al. 10.1002/2017JD027258
- Evaluation of NASA Deep Blue/SOAR aerosol retrieval algorithms applied to AVHRR measurements A. Sayer et al. 10.1002/2017JD026934
- Modelling mineral dust emissions and atmospheric dispersion with MADE3 in EMAC v2.54 C. Beer et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-4287-2020
- An Assessment of Atmospheric and Meteorological Factors Regulating Red Sea Phytoplankton Growth W. Li et al. 10.3390/rs10050673
- ModIs Dust AeroSol (MIDAS): a global fine-resolution dust optical depth data set A. Gkikas et al. 10.5194/amt-14-309-2021
- Retrieving near-global aerosol loading over land and ocean from AVHRR N. Hsu et al. 10.1002/2017JD026932
- The influence of dust optical properties on the colour of simulated MSG-SEVIRI Desert Dust infrared imagery J. Banks et al. 10.5194/acp-18-9681-2018
- Spatial and temporal gradients in the rate of dust deposition and aerosol optical thickness in southwestern Iran M. Foroushani et al. 10.1007/s40333-020-0079-5
- Simulating the Regional Impact of Dust on the Middle East Climate and the Red Sea S. Osipov & G. Stenchikov 10.1002/2017JC013335
- Transport of Mineral Dust and Its Impact on Climate K. Schepanski 10.3390/geosciences8050151
- On the Recent Amplification of Dust Over the Arabian Peninsula During 2002–2012 K. Ravi Kumar et al. 10.1029/2019JD030695
- Assessment of natural and anthropogenic aerosol air pollution in the Middle East using MERRA-2, CAMS data assimilation products, and high-resolution WRF-Chem model simulations A. Ukhov et al. 10.5194/acp-20-9281-2020
- Seasonal modulation of mesoscale processes alters nutrient availability and plankton communities in the Red Sea B. Kürten et al. 10.1016/j.pocean.2019.02.007
- Characterization of released dust over open waters in the south of the Iran Plateau based on satellite and ground-based measurements F. Bayat & H. Khalesifard 10.1016/j.apr.2021.101208
- Surface Heat Fluxes over the Northern Arabian Gulf and the Northern Red Sea: Evaluation of ECMWF-ERA5 and NASA-MERRA2 Reanalyses F. Al Senafi et al. 10.3390/atmos10090504
- Impact of selective degradation on molecular isotope compositions in oxic and anoxic marine sediments C. Häggi et al. 10.1016/j.orggeochem.2021.104192
- WRF-Chem Simulation for Modeling Seasonal Variations and Distributions of Aerosol Pollutants over the Middle East M. Shahid et al. 10.3390/rs13112112
- Aerosol Optical Thickness over Large Urban Environments of the Arabian Peninsula—Speciation, Variability, and Distributions D. Roshan et al. 10.3390/atmos10050228
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 07 Aug 2022