Sulfate geoengineering: a review of the factors controlling the needed injection of sulfur dioxide
Daniele Visioni et al.
Total article views: 3,059 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 15 Nov 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 15 Nov 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,085 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,052 with geography defined and 33 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,620 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,589 with geography defined and 31 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 465 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 463 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
22 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Heterogeneous reaction of HO<sub>2</sub> with airborne TiO<sub>2</sub> particles and its implication for climate change mitigation strategies D. Moon et al. 10.5194/acp-18-327-2018
- Effects of Different Stratospheric SO 2 Injection Altitudes on Stratospheric Chemistry and Dynamics S. Tilmes et al. 10.1002/2017JD028146
- Global streamflow and flood response to stratospheric aerosol geoengineering L. Wei et al. 10.5194/acp-18-16033-2018
- 100 Years of Progress in Cloud Physics, Aerosols, and Aerosol Chemistry Research S. Kreidenweis et al. 10.1175/AMSMONOGRAPHS-D-18-0024.1
- Sulfur injections for a cooler planet U. Niemeier & S. Tilmes 10.1126/science.aan3317
- Sensitivity of the radiative forcing by stratospheric sulfur geoengineering to the amount and strategy of the SO<sub>2</sub>injection studied with the LMDZ-S3A model C. Kleinschmitt et al. 10.5194/acp-18-2769-2018
- The Interactive Stratospheric Aerosol Model Intercomparison Project (ISA-MIP): motivation and experimental design C. Timmreck et al. 10.5194/gmd-11-2581-2018
- Changes in clouds and thermodynamics under solar geoengineering and implications for required solar reduction R. Russotto & T. Ackerman 10.5194/acp-18-11905-2018
- Radiative and Chemical Response to Interactive Stratospheric Sulfate Aerosols in Fully Coupled CESM1(WACCM) M. Mills et al. 10.1002/2017JD027006
- Uncertainty and the basis for confidence in solar geoengineering research B. Kravitz & D. MacMartin 10.1038/s43017-019-0004-7
- Holistic Assessment of SO 2 Injections Using CESM1(WACCM): Introduction to the Special Issue B. Kravitz et al. 10.1029/2018JD029293
- Wildfire‐Smoke Aerosols Lead to Increased Light Use Efficiency Among Agricultural and Restored Wetland Land Uses in California's Central Valley K. Hemes et al. 10.1029/2019JG005380
- Seasonally Modulated Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering Alters the Climate Outcomes D. Visioni et al. 10.1029/2020GL088337
- Potential of future stratospheric ozone loss in the midlatitudes under global warming and sulfate geoengineering S. Robrecht et al. 10.5194/acp-21-2427-2021
- Upper tropospheric ice sensitivity to sulfate geoengineering D. Visioni et al. 10.5194/acp-18-14867-2018
- Sulfate geoengineering impact on methane transport and lifetime: results from the Geoengineering Model Intercomparison Project (GeoMIP) D. Visioni et al. 10.5194/acp-17-11209-2017
- Land Surface Cooling Induced by Sulfate Geoengineering Constrained by Major Volcanic Eruptions M. Plazzotta et al. 10.1029/2018GL077583
- A statistical examination of the effects of stratospheric sulfate geoengineering on tropical storm genesis Q. Wang et al. 10.5194/acp-18-9173-2018
- Estimating the Impact of Artificially Injected Stratospheric Aerosols on the Global Mean Surface Temperature in the 21th Century S. Soldatenko 10.3390/cli6040085
- Complementing CO<sub>2</sub> emission reduction by solar radiation management might strongly enhance future welfare K. Helwegen et al. 10.5194/esd-10-453-2019
- Sulfur deposition changes under sulfate geoengineering conditions: quasi-biennial oscillation effects on the transport and lifetime of stratospheric aerosols D. Visioni et al. 10.5194/acp-18-2787-2018
- Sensitivity of Aerosol Distribution and Climate Response to Stratospheric SO 2 Injection Locations S. Tilmes et al. 10.1002/2017JD026888
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 25 Feb 2021