Improving volcanic ash predictions with the HYSPLIT dispersion model by assimilating MODIS satellite retrievals
Tianfeng Chai et al.
Total article views: 2,135 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 13 Oct 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 13 Oct 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,139 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,123 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,842 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,826 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 297 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 297 with geography defined and 0 with unknown origin.
19 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Quantitative Verification and Calibration of Volcanic Ash Ensemble Forecasts Using Satellite Data M. Zidikheri et al. 10.1002/2017JD027740
- Volcanic ash forecast using ensemble-based data assimilation: an ensemble transform Kalman filter coupled with the FALL3D-7.2 model (ETKF–FALL3D version 1.0) S. Osores et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-1-2020
- Inverse modeling of fire emissions constrained by smoke plume transport using HYSPLIT dispersion model and geostationary satellite observations H. Kim et al. 10.5194/acp-20-10259-2020
- A Computationally Efficient Ensemble Filtering Scheme for Quantitative Volcanic Ash Forecasts M. Zidikheri & C. Lucas 10.1029/2020JD033094
- Toward quantitative forecasts of volcanic ash dispersal: Using satellite retrievals for optimal estimation of source terms M. Zidikheri et al. 10.1002/2017JD026679
- Transport Patterns, Size Distributions, and Depolarization Characteristics of Dust Particles in East Asia in Spring 2018 Y. Tian et al. 10.1029/2019JD031752
- Impact of Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer Aerosol Optical Depth and AirNow PM 2.5 assimilation on Community Multi‐scale Air Quality aerosol predictions over the contiguous United States T. Chai et al. 10.1002/2016JD026295
- Dispersion simulations using HYSPLIT for the Sagebrush Tracer Experiment F. Ngan et al. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2018.05.012
- The Use of Gaussian Mixture Models with Atmospheric Lagrangian Particle Dispersion Models for Density Estimation and Feature Identification A. Crawford 10.3390/atmos11121369
- Applications of Geostationary Satellite Data to Aviation G. Ellrod & K. Pryor 10.1007/s00024-018-1821-1
- First measurement of atmospheric mercury species in Qomolangma Natural Nature Preserve, Tibetan Plateau, and evidence oftransboundary pollutant invasion H. Lin et al. 10.5194/acp-19-1373-2019
- Estimation of optimal dispersion model source parameters using satellite detections of volcanic ash M. Zidikheri et al. 10.1002/2017JD026676
- Temporal and Spatial Distribution Characteristics of Atmospheric Particulate Matter (PM10 and PM2.5) in Changchun and Analysis of Its Influencing Factors J. Wang et al. 10.3390/atmos10110651
- Weak-constraint inverse modeling using HYSPLIT-4 Lagrangian dispersion model and Cross-Appalachian Tracer Experiment (CAPTEX) observations – effect of including model uncertainties on source term estimation T. Chai et al. 10.5194/gmd-11-5135-2018
- Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling at the London VAAC: A Review of Developments since the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Ash Cloud F. Beckett et al. 10.3390/atmos11040352
- Air quality impacts of the 2018 Mt. Kilauea Volcano eruption in Hawaii: A regional chemical transport model study with satellite-constrained emissions Y. Tang et al. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2020.117648
- Retrieval of Fine-Resolution Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) in Semiarid Urban Areas Using Landsat Data: A Case Study in Urumqi, NW China X. Chen et al. 10.3390/rs12030467
- An analysis of volcanic SO2 and ash emissions from Copahue volcano P. Paez et al. 10.1016/j.jsames.2021.103365
- Using Satellite Data to Determine Empirical Relationships between Volcanic Ash Source Parameters M. Zidikheri & C. Lucas 10.3390/atmos11040342
Latest update: 22 Jun 2021