27 May 2021
Research article | 27 May 2021
Contribution of the world's main dust source regions to the global cycle of desert dust
Jasper F. Kok et al.
Total article views: 4,752 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 18 Jan 2021)Views and downloads (calculated since 18 Jan 2021)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 4,752 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,922 with geography defined and -170 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,004 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,020 with geography defined and -16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,748 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,902 with geography defined and -154 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Long-Term Variability of Dust Events in Southwestern Iran and Its Relationship with the Drought N. Hamzeh et al. 10.3390/atmos12101350
- A brief summary of cleaning operations and their effect on the photovoltaic performance in Africa and the Middle East A. Younis & M. Onsa 10.1016/j.egyr.2022.01.155
- Contemporary and future dust sources and emission fluxes from gypsum- and quartz-dominated eolian systems, New Mexico and Texas, USA M. Sweeney et al. 10.1130/G49488.1
- The dust load and radiative impact associated with the June 2020 historical Saharan dust storm D. Francis et al. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2021.118808
- Present‐Day Patagonian Dust Emissions: Combining Surface Visibility, Mass Flux, and Reanalysis Data N. Cosentino et al. 10.1029/2020JD034459
- Influence of Orography Upon Summertime Low‐Level Jet Dust Emission in the Central and Western Sahara T. Caton Harrison et al. 10.1029/2021JD035025
- Evaluation of natural aerosols in CRESCENDO Earth system models (ESMs): mineral dust R. Checa-Garcia et al. 10.5194/acp-21-10295-2021
- AIBECS.jl: A tool for exploring global marine biogeochemical cycles. B. Pasquier et al. 10.21105/joss.03814
- Polarization Lidar Measurements of Dust Optical Properties at the Junction of the Taklimakan Desert–Tibetan Plateau Q. Dong et al. 10.3390/rs14030558
- Modification of Temperature Lapse Rates and Cloud Properties during a Spatiotemporally Extended Dust Aerosol Episode (16–18 June 2016) over the Mediterranean Basin Based on Satellite and Reanalysis Data M. Gavrouzou et al. 10.3390/rs14030679
- Progress in Dust Modelling, Global Dust Budgets, and Soil Organic Carbon Dynamics W. Chen et al. 10.3390/land11020176
- Description of Dust Emission Parameterization in CAS‐ESM2 and Its Simulation of Global Dust Cycle and East Asian Dust Events C. Wu et al. 10.1029/2020MS002456
- PM Dimensional Characterization in an Urban Mediterranean Area: Case Studies on the Separation between Fine and Coarse Atmospheric Aerosol M. Manigrasso et al. 10.3390/atmos13020227
- Increased Shamal winds and dust activity over the Arabian Peninsula during the COVID-19 lockdown period in 2020 D. Francis et al. 10.1016/j.aeolia.2022.100786
- Not all gravel deserts in northern China are sources of regionally deposited dust Z. Zhang et al. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2022.118984
- Contribution of the world's main dust source regions to the global cycle of desert dust J. Kok et al. 10.5194/acp-21-8169-2021
- Earth, Wind, Fire, and Pollution: Aerosol Nutrient Sources and Impacts on Ocean Biogeochemistry D. Hamilton et al. 10.1146/annurev-marine-031921-013612
- Sensitivity of Summertime Convection to Aerosol Loading and Properties in the United Arab Emirates R. Fonseca et al. 10.3390/atmos12121687
- Mass size distributions, composition and dose estimates of particulate matter in Saharan dust outbreaks M. Gini et al. 10.1016/j.envpol.2021.118768
- Long-term characterisation of the vertical structure of the Saharan Air Layer over the Canary Islands using lidar and radiosonde profiles: implications for radiative and cloud processes over the subtropical Atlantic Ocean Á. Barreto et al. 10.5194/acp-22-739-2022
- Improved representation of the global dust cycle using observational constraints on dust properties and abundance J. Kok et al. 10.5194/acp-21-8127-2021
- Mineral dust cycle in the Multiscale Online Nonhydrostatic AtmospheRe CHemistry model (MONARCH) Version 2.0 M. Klose et al. 10.5194/gmd-14-6403-2021
- The Indirect Impact of Surface Vegetation Improvement on the Climate Response of Sand-Dust Events in Northern China C. Zhou et al. 10.3390/atmos12030339
- Concurrent Influence of Different Natural Sources on the Particulate Matter in the Central Mediterranean Region during a Wildfire Season J. Castagna et al. 10.3390/atmos12020144
- Seasonal variability in aeolian dust deposition fluxes and their mineralogical composition over the Northeastern Arabian Sea K. Suresh et al. 10.1007/s13762-021-03503-y
- Airborne Bacterial Community Composition According to Their Origin in Tenerife, Canary Islands C. González-Martín et al. 10.3389/fmicb.2021.732961
Latest update: 07 Dec 2022