| Highlight paper
15 May 2019
Research article | Highlight paper | 15 May 2019
Northern Hemisphere continental winter warming following the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption: reconciling models and observations
Lorenzo M. Polvani et al.
Total article views: 4,710 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 31 May 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 31 May 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 4,710 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,300 with geography defined and 410 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,785 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,370 with geography defined and 415 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 925 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 930 with geography defined and -5 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Could the Recent Taal Volcano Eruption Trigger an El Niño and Lead to Eurasian Warming? F. Liu et al. 10.1007/s00376-020-2041-z
- Boreal Winter Surface Air Temperature Responses to Large Tropical Volcanic Eruptions in CMIP5 Models C. Xing et al. 10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0186.1
- North Atlantic Oscillation response in GeoMIP experiments G6solar and G6sulfur: why detailed modelling is needed for understanding regional implications of solar radiation management A. Jones et al. 10.5194/acp-21-1287-2021
- Causes of climate change over the historical record G. Hegerl et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/ab4557
- The impact of stratospheric aerosol intervention on the North Atlantic and Quasi-Biennial Oscillations in the Geoengineering Model Intercomparison Project (GeoMIP) G6sulfur experiment A. Jones et al. 10.5194/acp-22-2999-2022
- Impacts of the Eruption of Mount Pinatubo on Surface Temperatures and Precipitation Forecasts With the NASA GEOS Subseasonal‐to‐Seasonal System V. Aquila et al. 10.1029/2021JD034830
- Scant evidence for a volcanically forced winter warming over Eurasia following the Krakatau eruption of August 1883 L. Polvani & S. Camargo 10.5194/acp-20-13687-2020
- Robust Inter‐Hemispheric Asymmetry in the Response to Symmetric Volcanic Forcing in Model Large Ensembles A. Pauling et al. 10.1029/2021GL092558
- The Influence of Stratospheric Soot and Sulfate Aerosols on the Northern Hemisphere Wintertime Atmospheric Circulation J. Coupe & A. Robock 10.1029/2020JD034513
- Volcanic Eruption Signatures in the Isotope‐Enabled Last Millennium Ensemble S. Stevenson et al. 10.1029/2019PA003625
- Uncertainty and the basis for confidence in solar geoengineering research B. Kravitz & D. MacMartin 10.1038/s43017-019-0004-7
- Robust winter warming over Eurasia under stratospheric sulfate geoengineering – the role of stratospheric dynamics A. Banerjee et al. 10.5194/acp-21-6985-2021
- Radiative Forcing of Climate: The Historical Evolution of the Radiative Forcing Concept, the Forcing Agents and their Quantification, and Applications V. Ramaswamy et al. 10.1175/AMSMONOGRAPHS-D-19-0001.1
- Is Turning Down the Sun a Good Proxy for Stratospheric Sulfate Geoengineering? D. Visioni et al. 10.1029/2020JD033952
- 100 Years of Progress in Understanding the Stratosphere and Mesosphere M. Baldwin et al. 10.1175/AMSMONOGRAPHS-D-19-0003.1
- The Arctic Polar Vortex Response to Volcanic Forcing of Different Strengths A. Azoulay et al. 10.1029/2020JD034450
- Climate Impacts From Large Volcanic Eruptions in a High‐Resolution Climate Model: The Importance of Forcing Structure W. Yang et al. 10.1029/2019GL082367
- North Atlantic weather regimes in δ18O of winter precipitation: isotopic fingerprint of the response in the atmospheric circulation after volcanic eruptions H. GuðlaugsdÓttir et al. 10.1080/16000889.2019.1633848
Latest update: 06 Dec 2022