Articles | Volume 19, issue 18
https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-19-11791-2019
https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-19-11791-2019
Research article
 | 
24 Sep 2019
Research article |  | 24 Sep 2019

Significant reduction of PM2.5 in eastern China due to regional-scale emission control: evidence from SORPES in 2011–2018

Aijun Ding, Xin Huang, Wei Nie, Xuguang Chi, Zheng Xu, Longfei Zheng, Zhengning Xu, Yuning Xie, Ximeng Qi, Yicheng Shen, Peng Sun, Jiaping Wang, Lei Wang, Jianning Sun, Xiu-Qun Yang, Wei Qin, Xiangzhi Zhang, Wei Cheng, Weijing Liu, Liangbao Pan, and Congbin Fu

Viewed

Total article views: 6,141 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)
HTML PDF XML Total Supplement BibTeX EndNote
4,508 1,560 73 6,141 353 67 149
  • HTML: 4,508
  • PDF: 1,560
  • XML: 73
  • Total: 6,141
  • Supplement: 353
  • BibTeX: 67
  • EndNote: 149
Views and downloads (calculated since 14 May 2019)
Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 14 May 2019)

Viewed (geographical distribution)

Total article views: 6,141 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 6,071 with geography defined and 70 with unknown origin.
Country # Views %
  • 1
1
 
 
 
 

Cited

Latest update: 27 May 2024
Download
Short summary
Based on continuous measurement at the SORPES statin in Nanjing, eastern China, we report the trend of PM2.5 and relevant chemical species there during 2011–2018. We found significant reduction of PM2.5 in both winter and early summer due to emission reduction of fossil-fuel combustion and open biomass burning, respectively. Reduction of fossil-fuel combustions contributed to 76 % of the wintertime PM2.5 decrease, with the remaining 24 % being caused by the change of meteorology.
Altmetrics
Final-revised paper
Preprint