Uncertainty from the choice of microphysics scheme in convection-permitting models significantly exceeds aerosol effects
Bethan White et al.
Total article views: 2,206 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 30 Aug 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 30 Aug 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,178 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,161 with geography defined and 17 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,410 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,399 with geography defined and 11 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 768 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 762 with geography defined and 6 with unknown origin.
24 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Ongoing Breakthroughs in Convective Parameterization C. Rio et al. 10.1007/s40641-019-00127-w
- Empirical values and assumptions in the microphysics of numerical models F. Tapiador et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2018.09.010
- Assessing the Impact of Stochastic Perturbations in Cloud Microphysics using GOES-16 Infrared Brightness Temperatures S. Griffin et al. 10.1175/MWR-D-20-0078.1
- Erroneous Attribution of Deep Convective Invigoration to Aerosol Concentration A. Varble 10.1175/JAS-D-17-0217.1
- Comparing the impact of environmental conditions and microphysics on the forecast uncertainty of deep convective clouds and hail C. Wellmann et al. 10.5194/acp-20-2201-2020
- Aerosol–cloud interactions in mixed-phase convective clouds – Part 1: Aerosol perturbations A. Miltenberger et al. 10.5194/acp-18-3119-2018
- A simple system for moist convection: the Rainy–Bénard model G. Vallis et al. 10.1017/jfm.2018.954
- Comparisons of bin and bulk microphysics schemes in simulations of topographic winter precipitation with radar and radiometer measurements M. Han et al. 10.1002/qj.3393
- Effects of Cloud Liquid‐Phase Microphysical Processes in Mixed‐Phase Cumuli Over the Tibetan Plateau X. Xu et al. 10.1029/2020JD033371
- The Weather Research and Forecasting Model with Aerosol–Cloud Interactions (WRF-ACI): Development, Evaluation, and Initial Application T. Glotfelty et al. 10.1175/MWR-D-18-0267.1
- Possible roles of fall speed parameters of different graupel densities on microphysics and electrification in an idealized thunderstorm X. Ouyang et al. 10.1002/qj.3569
- Global response of parameterised convective cloud fields to anthropogenic aerosol forcing Z. Kipling et al. 10.5194/acp-20-4445-2020
- Aerosol indirect effects on the temperature–precipitation scaling N. Da Silva et al. 10.5194/acp-20-6207-2020
- Aerosol-induced modification of organised convection and top-of-atmosphere radiation N. Nishant et al. 10.1038/s41612-019-0089-1
- Impact of aerosols and turbulence on cloud droplet growth: an in-cloud seeding case study using a parcel–DNS (direct numerical simulation) approach S. Chen et al. 10.5194/acp-20-10111-2020
- Aerosol effects on deep convection: the propagation of aerosol perturbations through convective cloud microphysics M. Heikenfeld et al. 10.5194/acp-19-2601-2019
- Aerosol Effects on Clouds and Precipitation over Central Europe in Different Weather Regimes C. Barthlott & C. Hoose 10.1175/JAS-D-18-0110.1
- Simulations of orographic precipitation in the Snowy Mountains of Southeastern Australia F. Sarmadi et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2019.01.002
- Atmospheric energy budget response to idealized aerosol perturbation in tropical cloud systems G. Dagan et al. 10.5194/acp-20-4523-2020
- Processes controlling the vertical aerosol distribution in marine stratocumulus regions – a sensitivity study using the climate model NorESM1-M L. Frey et al. 10.5194/acp-21-577-2021
- Bounding Global Aerosol Radiative Forcing of Climate Change N. Bellouin et al. 10.1029/2019RG000660
- Bulk and structural convergence at convection‐resolving scales in real‐case simulations of summertime moist convection over land D. Panosetti et al. 10.1002/qj.3502
- Studying Scale Dependency of Aerosol–Cloud Interactions Using Multiscale Cloud Formulations T. Glotfelty et al. 10.1175/JAS-D-19-0203.1
- Anthropogenic Aerosol Influences on Mixed-Phase Clouds U. Lohmann 10.1007/s40641-017-0059-9
Latest update: 25 Feb 2021