Atmospheric processes affecting the separation of volcanic ash and SO2 in volcanic eruptions: inferences from the May 2011 Grímsvötn eruption
Fred Prata et al.
Total article views: 2,270 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 06 Feb 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 06 Feb 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,269 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,260 with geography defined and 9 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,416 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,411 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 853 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 849 with geography defined and 4 with unknown origin.
21 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Passive Earth Observations of Volcanic Clouds in the Atmosphere F. Prata & M. Lynch 10.3390/atmos10040199
- Analysis of properties of the 19 February 2018 volcanic eruption of Mount Sinabung in S5P/TROPOMI and Himawari-8 satellite data A. de Laat et al. 10.5194/nhess-20-1203-2020
- The Independent Volcanic Eruption Source Parameter Archive (IVESPA, version 1.0): A new observational database to support explosive eruptive column model validation and development T. Aubry et al. 10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2021.107295
- Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling at the London VAAC: A Review of Developments since the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Ash Cloud F. Beckett et al. 10.3390/atmos11040352
- The Impact of Ensemble Meteorology on Inverse Modeling Estimates of Volcano Emissions and Ash Dispersion Forecasts: Grímsvötn 2011 N. Harvey et al. 10.3390/atmos11101022
- Extension of the WRF-Chem volcanic emission preprocessor to integrate complex source terms and evaluation for different emission scenarios of the Grimsvötn 2011 eruption M. Hirtl et al. 10.5194/nhess-20-3099-2020
- A New Parameterization of Volcanic Ash Complex Refractive Index Based on NBO/T and SiO2 Content G. Prata et al. 10.1029/2018JD028679
- The Development of Volcanic Ash Cloud Layers over Hours to Days Due to Atmospheric Turbulence Layering M. Bursik et al. 10.3390/atmos12020285
- Forecasting, Detecting, and Tracking Volcanic Eruptions from Space M. Poland et al. 10.1007/s41976-020-00034-x
- A multi-sensor satellite-based archive of the largest SO<sub>2</sub> volcanic eruptions since 2006 P. Tournigand et al. 10.5194/essd-12-3139-2020
- The 1902 Plinian eruption of Santa María volcano, Guatemala: A new assessment of magnitude and impact using historical sources H. Berry et al. 10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2020.107167
- Sediment waves and the gravitational stability of volcanic jets J. Gilchrist & A. Jellinek 10.1007/s00445-021-01472-1
- The Saksunarvatn Ash and the G10ka series tephra. Review and current state of knowledge B. Óladóttir et al. 10.1016/j.quageo.2019.101041
- Automated detection and measurement of volcanic cloud growth: towards a robust estimate of mass flux, mass loading and eruption duration A. Bear-Crozier et al. 10.1007/s11069-019-03847-2
- Intercomparison of in-situ aircraft and satellite aerosol measurements in the stratosphere O. Sandvik et al. 10.1038/s41598-019-52089-6
- First Observations of Volcanic Eruption Clouds From the L1 Earth‐Sun Lagrange Point by DSCOVR/EPIC S. Carn et al. 10.1029/2018GL079808
- Detection and Avoidance of Atmospheric Aviation Hazards Using Infrared Spectroscopic Imaging F. Prata 10.3390/rs12142309
- Statistical analysis of dispersal and deposition patterns of volcanic emissions from Mt. Sakurajima, Japan A. Poulidis et al. 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2018.02.021
- An automatic observation-based aerosol typing method for EARLINET N. Papagiannopoulos et al. 10.5194/acp-18-15879-2018
- Simulation of ash clouds after a Laacher See-type eruption U. Niemeier et al. 10.5194/cp-17-633-2021
- The Evolution of Icelandic Volcano Emissions, as Observed From Space in the Era of NASA's Earth Observing System (EOS) V. Flower & R. Kahn 10.1029/2019JD031625
Latest update: 24 Oct 2021