Articles | Volume 20, issue 11
© Author(s) 2020. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
The potential impacts of a sulfur- and halogen-rich supereruption such as Los Chocoyos on the atmosphere and climate
Total article views: 4,223 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 24 Sep 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 24 Sep 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 4,223 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,215 with geography defined and 8 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,636 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,663 with geography defined and -27 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 587 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 552 with geography defined and 35 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Reconciling the climate and ozone response to the 1257 CE Mount Samalas eruption D. Wade et al. 10.1073/pnas.1919807117
- The 852/3 CE Mount Churchill eruption: examining the potential climatic and societal impacts and the timing of the Medieval Climate Anomaly in the North Atlantic region H. Mackay et al. 10.5194/cp-18-1475-2022
- The significance of volcanic ash in Greenland ice cores during the Common Era G. Plunkett et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2022.107936
- Climate change modulates the stratospheric volcanic sulfate aerosol lifecycle and radiative forcing from tropical eruptions T. Aubry et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-24943-7
- Bipolar ice-core records constrain possible dates and global radiative forcing following the ∼74 ka Toba eruption J. Lin et al. 10.1016/j.quascirev.2023.108162
- On Synchronous Supereruptions A. Cisneros de León et al. 10.3389/feart.2022.827252
- Millimetre‐scale pollen analysis of non‐varved lacustrine sediments from Onepoto maar palaeolake, Auckland, reveals distal vegetation responses and landscape recovery following the ~25.5‐ka Ōruanui supereruption, New Zealand S. Piva et al. 10.1002/jqs.3506
- Rapid Determination of Sulfur in Sixty Geological Reference Materials by High Resolution Inductively Coupled Plasma‐Mass Spectrometry X. Qiu et al. 10.1111/ggr.12453
- A history of violence: magma incubation, timing and tephra distribution of the Los Chocoyos supereruption (Atitlán Caldera, Guatemala) A. Cisneros de León et al. 10.1002/jqs.3265
- Observation and modelling of ozone-destructive halogen chemistry in a passively degassing volcanic plume L. Surl et al. 10.5194/acp-21-12413-2021
- The Toba supervolcano eruption caused severe tropical stratospheric ozone depletion S. Osipov et al. 10.1038/s43247-021-00141-7
- The impact of volcanic emission of halogenated compounds on the Southern Hemisphere and Antarctic environment M. Basylevska & V. Bogillo 10.33275/1727-7485.2.2021.675
- Investigating hydroclimatic impacts of the 168–158 BCE volcanic quartet and their relevance to the Nile River basin and Egyptian history R. Singh et al. 10.5194/cp-19-249-2023
- Co-emission of volcanic sulfur and halogens amplifies volcanic effective radiative forcing J. Staunton-Sykes et al. 10.5194/acp-21-9009-2021
- Zircon and Melt Extraction From a Long‐Lived and Vertically Extensive Magma System Underneath Ilopango Caldera (El Salvador) A. Cisneros de León et al. 10.1029/2020GC009507
- Sensitivity of stratospheric ozone to the latitude, season, and halogen content of a contemporary explosive volcanic eruption F. Østerstrøm et al. 10.1038/s41598-023-32574-9
- Decadal Disruption of the QBO by Tropical Volcanic Supereruptions H. Brenna et al. 10.1029/2020GL089687
- Dwindling Relevance of Large Volcanic Eruptions for Global Glacier Changes in the Anthropocene M. Zemp & B. Marzeion 10.1029/2021GL092964
Latest update: 25 Sep 2023