Gravity waves in the winter stratosphere over the Southern Ocean: high-resolution satellite observations and 3-D spectral analysis
Total article views: 2,435 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 15 May 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,435 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,226 with geography defined and 209 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,730 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,664 with geography defined and 66 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 705 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 562 with geography defined and 143 with unknown origin.
25 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Radar observations of winds, waves and tides in the mesosphere and lower thermosphere over South Georgia island (54° S, 36° W) and comparison with WACCM simulations N. Hindley et al. 10.5194/acp-22-9435-2022
- Radiosonde Observations of a Wintertime Meridional Convergence of Gravity Waves Around 60°S in the Lower Stratosphere T. Moffat‐Griffin et al. 10.1029/2020GL089740
- Determining Gravity Wave Sources and Propagation in the Southern Hemisphere by Ray‐Tracing AIRS Measurements J. Perrett et al. 10.1029/2020GL088621
- First Lidar Observations of Quasi‐Biennial Oscillation‐Induced Interannual Variations of Gravity Wave Potential Energy Density at McMurdo via a Modulation of the Antarctic Polar Vortex Z. Li et al. 10.1029/2020JD032866
- Generation Mechanism for Stratospheric Gravity Waves by Unbalanced Flow in Tropical Cyclones X. Wang et al. 10.1029/2023GL104907
- A Comparison of Stratospheric Gravity Waves in a High‐Resolution General Circulation Model With 3‐D Satellite Observations H. Okui et al. 10.1029/2023JD038795
- Three‐Dimensional Analysis of Global Gravity Waves Based on COSMIC Multi‐Satellite Observations X. Zeng et al. 10.1029/2021GL094809
- Effects of Stratospheric Gravity Waves on Convection in the Troposphere During Typhoon Lekima 2019 X. Wang et al. 10.1029/2022GL101634
- Nonlinear Simulations of Gravity Wave Tunneling and Breaking over Auckland Island T. Mixa et al. 10.1175/JAS-D-20-0230.1
- Exploiting High‐Density Zonal‐Sampling of HIRDLS Profiles Near 60°S to Investigate Missing Drag in Chemistry‐Climate Models L. Holt et al. 10.1029/2022JD037398
- CIPS Observations of Gravity Wave Activity at the Edge of the Polar Vortices and Coupling to the Ionosphere V. Harvey et al. 10.1029/2023JD038827
- Stratospheric gravity waves over the mountainous island of South Georgia: testing a high-resolution dynamical model with 3-D satellite observations and radiosondes N. Hindley et al. 10.5194/acp-21-7695-2021
- Gravity‐Wave‐Driven Seasonal Variability of Temperature Differences Between ECMWF IFS and Rayleigh Lidar Measurements in the Lee of the Southern Andes S. Gisinger et al. 10.1029/2021JD036270
- Oblique Propagation and Refraction of Gravity Waves Over the Andes Observed by GLORIA and ALIMA During the SouthTRAC Campaign L. Krasauskas et al. 10.1029/2022JD037798
- Superposition of gravity waves with different propagation characteristics observed by airborne and space-borne infrared sounders I. Krisch et al. 10.5194/acp-20-11469-2020
- An 18‐Year Climatology of Directional Stratospheric Gravity Wave Momentum Flux From 3‐D Satellite Observations N. Hindley et al. 10.1029/2020GL089557
- Traveling Ionospheric Disturbances Induced by the Secondary Gravity Waves From the Tonga Eruption on 15 January 2022: Modeling With MESORAC‐HIAMCM‐SAMI3 and Comparison With GPS/TEC and Ionosonde Data S. Vadas et al. 10.1029/2023JA031408
- Using sub-limb observations to measure gravity waves excited by convection C. Wright et al. 10.1038/s41526-023-00259-2
- Using vertical phase differences to better resolve 3D gravity wave structure C. Wright et al. 10.5194/amt-14-5873-2021
- Stratospheric Gravity Waves as a Proxy for Hurricane Intensification: A Case Study of Weather Research and Forecast Simulation for Hurricane Joaquin X. Wu et al. 10.1029/2021GL097010
- Intermittency of gravity wave potential energies and absolute momentum fluxes derived from infrared limb sounding satellite observations M. Ern et al. 10.5194/acp-22-15093-2022
- Lidar observations of large-amplitude mountain waves in the stratosphere above Tierra del Fuego, Argentina N. Kaifler et al. 10.1038/s41598-020-71443-7
- Case Study of a Mesospheric Temperature Inversion over Maïdo Observatory through a Multi-Instrumental Observation F. Chane Ming et al. 10.3390/rs15082045
- Identifying and characterising trapped lee waves using deep learning techniques J. Coney et al. 10.1002/qj.4592
- Propagation paths and source distributions of resolved gravity waves in ECMWF-IFS analysis fields around the southern polar night jet C. Strube et al. 10.5194/acp-21-18641-2021
Latest update: 07 Dec 2023