Observed versus simulated mountain waves over Scandinavia – improvement of vertical winds, energy and momentum fluxes by enhanced model resolution?
Johannes Wagner et al.
Total article views: 2,050 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 20 Sep 2016)Views and downloads (calculated since 20 Sep 2016)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,035 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,019 with geography defined and 16 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,538 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,523 with geography defined and 15 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 497 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 496 with geography defined and 1 with unknown origin.
18 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Retrieval of intrinsic mesospheric gravity wave parameters using lidar and airglow temperature and meteor radar wind data R. Reichert et al. 10.5194/amt-12-5997-2019
- Mountain-Wave Propagation under Transient Tropospheric Forcing: A DEEPWAVE Case Study T. Portele et al. 10.1175/MWR-D-17-0080.1
- First validation of Aeolus wind observations by airborne Doppler wind lidar measurements B. Witschas et al. 10.5194/amt-13-2381-2020
- Far‐Ranging Impact of Mountain Waves Excited Over Greenland on Stratospheric Dehydration and Rehydration R. Kivi et al. 10.1029/2020JD033055
- Comparing ECMWF high‐resolution analyses with lidar temperature measurements in the middle atmosphere B. Ehard et al. 10.1002/qj.3206
- Airborne Wind Lidar Measurements of Vertical and Horizontal Winds for the Investigation of Orographically Induced Gravity Waves B. Witschas et al. 10.1175/JTECH-D-17-0021.1
- Mountain-Wave Turbulence Encounter of the Research Aircraft HALO above Iceland M. Bramberger et al. 10.1175/JAMC-D-19-0079.1
- Medium frequency gravity wave characteristics obtained using Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model simulations H. Hima Bindu et al. 10.1016/j.jastp.2018.11.013
- Using dense seismo-acoustic network to provide timely warning of the 2019 paroxysmal Stromboli eruptions A. Le Pichon et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-93942-x
- First tomographic observations of gravity waves by the infrared limb imager GLORIA I. Krisch et al. 10.5194/acp-17-14937-2017
- Vertically Propagating Mountain Waves—A Hazard for High-Flying Aircraft? M. Bramberger et al. 10.1175/JAMC-D-17-0340.1
- An intercomparison of stratospheric gravity wave potential energy densities from METOP GPS radio occultation measurements and ECMWF model data M. Rapp et al. 10.5194/amt-11-1031-2018
- Sampling Errors in Observed Gravity Wave Momentum Fluxes from Vertical and Tilted Profiles S. Vosper & A. Ross 10.3390/atmos11010057
- Mountain waves modulate the water vapor distribution in the UTLS R. Heller et al. 10.5194/acp-17-14853-2017
- Observations of Stratospheric Gravity Waves Over Europe on 12 January 2016: The Role of the Polar Night Jet K. Bossert et al. 10.1029/2020JD032893
- Multitechnology characterization of an unusual surface rupturing intraplate earthquake: the ML 5.4 2019 Le Teil event in France A. Vallage et al. 10.1093/gji/ggab136
- Does Strong Tropospheric Forcing Cause Large‐Amplitude Mesospheric Gravity Waves? A DEEPWAVE Case Study M. Bramberger et al. 10.1002/2017JD027371
- Stratosphere and lower mesosphere wind observation and gravity wave activities of the wind field in China using a mobile Rayleigh Doppler lidar R. Zhao et al. 10.1002/2016JA023713
Discussed (final revised paper)
Latest update: 27 Jan 2022